Thinking about hiring a business consultant? When you are interviewing various consultants ask them these questions first. Add 5 points for each item you can answer yes to. A maximum score is 100 points.
Hire the consultant that scores the highest.
The Questions to Ask
- How many years of experience does he/she have?
- Does he/she do a thorough needs assessment?
- Does the consultant truly customize his or her approach?
- Does he/she have written testimonials from satisfied clients?
- Does he/she guarantee their work?
- Does he/she use behavioral assessment tools?
- Is the consultant accessible after hours and on weekends?
- Is the consultant easy to work with?
- How does this consultant’s fee compare to the market?
- Is he/she published in business magazines?
- Has the consultant authored any books?
- Is the consultant a member of professional associations?
- Which business book is he/she is presently reading?
- Does the consultant stay current on business trends?
- Does the consultant have a monthly newsletter?
- Does the consultant have a video series on YouTube?
- Is the consultant heard on any radio shows or podcast?
- Has the consultant conducted any webinars?
- Has the consultant worked across the US?
- Does the consultant stay current with research?
Do you have questions about developing your leadership team or training your employees? Give me a call and let’s talk. You can reach me on my cell phone at: 734-812-0526 or email me at: email@example.com.