How are you playing the cards you were dealt with the COVID-19 experience. Something to consider with this “extra” time due to the slowdown in your business is to LEARN! UPGRADE YOUR SKILL SETS
Ben Franklin said it best -“If you take the coins of your change purse and empty them into your head – your change purse will never be empty.”
Here is a list of 12 ways you can use this down time to learn and improve your professional and business acumen:
- Business books – hard copy and downloadable
- Ted talks
- Professional On-line certifications
- Mastermind group
- Review your business plan and company mission statement.
- Hold weekly online meetings with your business team.
- Mentoring someone else – It is surprising how much you learn when teaching someone else things you know but have not been using.
- Reviewing material from past programs you have attended.
- “Think Time” – simply sitting and doing some focused thinking about a particular idea.
Which idea begs you to try it? Take action on it and record the results. It is up to you to make it happen. As rhythm and blues artist,Slim Harpo, once said “I know you can do it – so baby, get to it!
In the meantime: Be SMART-Stay SAFE-Be POSITIVE-Stay WELL-Be STRONG!